In this episode you’ll hear:
- How to appeal to consumers left behind in this inflationary period
- How used car dealers can differentiate themselves from franchise dealers
- Missing price segments in the marketplace and what that means to the consumer
- What acquiring inventory may be like in the future for used dealerships
- Whether there is a profitable market for EVs at used car dealerships
Joel Bassam is the President of Easterns Automotive Group, a family-owned used car dealership that operates eight retail locations around DC, Maryland and Virginia. He is the second generation to work at Easterns since it opened in 1988, starting at the family business at the age of 12. Joel moved his way around the dealership from service tech to sales manager, director of marketing and beyond.
Fun fact: Joel is a Walk Around listener who asked to be on the podcast to share the perspective of an independent used car dealer with our audience. And we’re glad he did! If you have unique insights to share with us, reach out, and you may find yourself on an upcoming episode!
For more about Joel, visit his LinkedIn.
Watch the full episode above or on your favorite podcast streaming site.