In this episode you’ll hear:
- What emotional intelligence is and how to balance it in the automotive industry
- When stress can be used to your advantage in your dealership work
- Methods for managing triggers and knowing when stress turns bad
- Using Pattern Interrupt to diffuse situations
- Extrinsic and intrinsic motivators and how they impact your team
- How to listen to and understand your team’s emotional needs
- Why people ultimately follow leaders
- The three-part process of feedback and how to give feedback to your staff
At Livingston Consulting Group, a leadership development organization, Dr. Scott Livingston, specializes in leader development and executive coaching. He has worked with leaders from Abbott Laboratories, JM Family Enterprises (JM&A Group’s parent company), Dover Manufacturing and many more.
Dr. Livingston uses emotional intelligence to improve the relational skill and performance execution of leaders in organizations as this provides a measure of self-awareness, which helps enhance leader relationships and decision-making capabilities. Scott has over 30 years of experience in leadership roles, some of which were held at Eli Lilly where he was a two-time winner of the Leadership Coaching Award and four-time winner of the distinguished Master Performer award. He is also an Adjunct Professor of Executive Coaching and Leadership Development at Indiana Wesleyan University and Concordia University Irvine.
For more about Dr. Scott, visit his website.
Watch the full episode above or on your favorite podcast streaming site.